PDMS is pleased to announce that a number of our services and solutions have been accepted onto G-Cloud 5 - the latest version of the UK Government's cloud computing framework.
G-Cloud is a set of frameworks for the public sector to buy cloud-based services in a flexible and open way through the Digital Marketplace (previously known as the CloudStore). PDMS have been on all the previous iterations of the GCloud framework which was originally launched in 2012.
In the latest iteration of the G-Cloud framework, PDMS continues to offer its core solutions in the following lots:
Lot 3: Software As A Service (SaaS)
- DoxShare- for controlling and sharing key documents
- Maris- our international ship registry solution to manage vessels and seafarers
Lot 4: Specialist Cloud Services (SCS)
- Software development -including agile development
- Foundations platform- reducing the risk of bespoke development
- Umbraco- a leading open source content management system, together with web design services.
G-Cloud provides greater flexibility and freedom for government as departments and organisations can change service provider easily without lengthy procurement and implementation cycles, no "lock-ins" to long contracts and the freedom to quickly adopt better value and more current solutions.
All government departments, devolved administrations, local authorities, wider public sector bodies and arm's length bodies are eligible to buy services on the Digital Marketplace.
PDMS are also on the Digital Services Framework (DSf) enabling the public sector to commission agile software development capabilities to help design and build bespoke digital services.