Employed.im was developed by PDMS's Digital Design team, but have you taken the time to see what employed.im is all about?
Employed.im is the Isle of Man's free careers portal for students, job seekers, job changers and employers. It's also the Isle of Man's go-to resource for education and training opportunities, with information on topics ranging from how to choose a career, CV writing, apprenticeships and applying for grants, with resources for schools and teachers too.
We are much more than a job listings website
Employed.im isn't a recruitment agency or just a jobs listing site.
Employers and recruitment agencies can post their job vacancies for free on our site and as a member you can receive vacancy alerts or browse the vacancies at your leisure, and apply for jobs direct.
There are currently around 200 vacancies with over 150 registered employers.
But employed.im offers so much more. You don't have to be on the lookout for a new job to sign up to employed.im. Use it as a free resource to update and manage your CV, in one easy to find location. If you are open to new job opportunities why not make your CV visible to employers so they can see who you are!
Stand out with a video statement!
We are the first on the Isle of Man to allow you to record your own video statement which you can choose to make visible to employers. This state of the art technology by local company The Needle, will help you stand out when applying for jobs, bringing your job applications to life.
However, you can also keep your video private, and use it as a training tool for real life interviews. For employers it is really useful tool to see what candidates are like at the pre-interview stage.
Employed.im is here for you throughout your career journey, even if you're not job hunting right now, it's worth staying in the loop for the career resources, events and training tools.
So if you are tingling with excitement after reading this article, sign up to employed.im for free and stay in touch with the latest career related news and resources by finding us on Facebook 'employed.im', Twitter @employedim or on our LinkedIn group 'employed.im'.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Media alert: Employed.im races ahead of UK plans
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg made a major announcement at the end of February: to make it compulsory for all local councils to have a one stop jobs and careers website to help young people who aren't going to university to decide their future.
When we heard this news we were delighted - employed.im already provides this service for the Isle of Man - but much more, and for every age group too! Looks like we're one step ahead of the rest.
Why should I register?
Employed.im is a free resource. See what employed.im can do for you:
I'm an … employer
Post a company profile to boost your companies' visibility in the employment sector
- Upload your job vacancies and view candidate CVs and video statements
- Post information on your volunteer schemes
- Find apprentices
- Join our LinkedIn group for the latest news
- Promote your events
- Talk to us about integrating your company forms
I'm a … job seeker
- Read about how to improve your employability
- Find out about training and courses to enhance your career prospects
- Find out how to make a career change
- Read top tips on CV writing and interview preparation
- Join our Facebook and Twitter pages for daily tips and resources
- Find out about local events such as seminars and talks
- Browse job vacancies
I'm a … student
- Get help choosing a career
- Find out what grants are available to you
- View courses and training providers
- Find out about part time work
- Find out about work experience opportunities
- Read exams advice and results support
- Find out how to prepare for an interview and write a CV
I'm a … teacher
- Find online teaching resources
- View Isle of Man networking opportunities
- See career information for your students
- Find out how to help prepare your students for work experience
I'm a … training provider
- Get in touch so we can add you to our list of course providers
- Send us details of courses that we can feature in our events section
- Talk to us about integrating your training forms and applications