PDMS delivers efficiency and security benefits with its International Ship Registry system, Maris
The Isle of Man Ship Registry, a Category One Red Ensign Group member, was established as an international register in 1984 and is consistently named as one of the best registries in the world in the Shipping Industry State Performance table.
The Registry has been using Maris for a number of years and it has been a driving force behind its development. Prior to Maris the Registry used a number of disparate legacy PC and paper based systems to manage their business critical processes. Having a central, comprehensive system has helped support the recent growth of the Isle of Man Ship Registry.
By the end of 2013, the Isle of Man Ship registry was:
• In the top 5 fastest growing flag states in the world (GRT)
• Growing at twice the world fleet growth rate at 7.4% (GRT)
• Experiencing a total fleet growth of 10.7%
• The 14th largest fleet in the world (GRT)
• Improving non-conformance notice rates by 27% (NCN)
• Exceeding a peak of 16 million GRT for number of registered vessels
Tangible benefits that MARIS has delivered to the Isle of Man Registry include:
- Staff resourcing needs have decreased due to a reduction in the administrative work load which has reduced costs
- A significant reduction in manual errors, many of which previously occurred when data was transferred between different systems
- Considerable time savings, particularly in the generation of certificates and required documentation, much of which was previously produced manually.
- An improvement in auditing with an increase in transparency and accessibility
- Key data required for the IMO and Clarkson's can now be generated and extracted quickly and easily from Maris, allowing the Registry to be proactive rather than reactive
- Registration turnaround times have improved by over 50%
- Improved decision making due to better access to accurate management information
- A 90% reduction in certificate errors
A more detailed case study for the Isle of Man Ship Registry can be found here in Maris' brochure.