Joining up employment, skills, education and work experience in the Isle of Man through one time saving portal
Working in collaboration with the Isle of Man Government, PDMS has developed an innovative online portal as a one-stop-shop for careers and employment in the Isle of Man.
Powered by our secure PDMS Employed platform, employed.im has improved collaboration between Isle of Man schools, colleges, employers, government agencies and charities - ensuring all their efforts are joined up via one central, shared portal.
This initiative supports entry and promotion within the world of work, and provides lifelong training and careers related guidance and opportunities for individuals - from students and school leavers, through to people considering a mid-career change or a return to work.
Originally launched as Manx Graduates in 2008, www.employed.im enables registered website members to manage their personal information, CVs and application forms and to connect to potential employers.
The easy-to-navigate employed.im site serves as a central careers and employability hub - serving the interests of both its individual members and students, job seekers, job changers, parents, teachers, employers, recruiters, training and education providers, and government agencies equally.
With employed.im, employers' and government agencies' application forms can easily be published online. Key information from a member's profile will automatically be added to application forms they chose to complete, saving valuable time and effort.
Employed.im also carries job adverts from local employers, and connects local training opportunities through its resources, events and news pages. Through the launch of video profiling for members, students and job seekers can practice their interview techniques and promote themselves to potential employers, simultaneously allowing employers to screen candidates before interview.
Current employed.im features include:
- latest jobs, news and events;
- twitter feed;
- quick job search on the homepage (allowing candidates to browse jobs without signing in);
- information and links regarding careers, personal development and training;
- search, bookmarking and networking facilities - for jobs, opportunities, candidates and employers;
- individual CVs (with public/private settings, video profiles and word/pdf features);
- employer/organisation profiles with job vacancy/opportunity uploading;
- messaging and notification emails;
- online forms - which auto-populate fields with data from members' profiles; and
- administrator functionality - including content editing, management information reports and employer approval processes.
employed.im has the potential for further enhancements and integrations including; bulk uploading of multiple jobs, volunteers/group members administration, sign in with Facebook credentials, instant chat, job seeker/benefits processes, work permit applications and 'open badges' integration.
Most recently, employed.im has been awarded the contract to manage work placements for local schools - again reducing duplication for local employers and helping to streamline the work experience process.