PDMS is a proud supporter of Junior Achievement Isle of Man, a member of Europe’s largest provider of educational programmes reaching 3.2 million students in 39 countries in 2014.
The dedicated Junior Achievement team carry out comprehensive primary and secondary school programmes focusing on financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship.
- Throughout the year PDMS has supported JA in a number of ways including providing volunteers for JA programmes within the 6 local high schools such as 'Get a Job' - a full day of preparing year 10 and 11 students in CV writing, job searching and interview techniques.
- Dragon's Den
- Provide web-hosting to their website https://www.jaiom.im
At the end of the 2016/2017 academic year, Junior Achievement (JA) continues to go from strength to strength, including running:
JA Reached 32 primary schools and 6 secondary schools delivering:
- Our World
- Enterprise Challenge
- Learn to Earn
- It’s all about Money
- Get a Job
- Company Programme
- Interview Workshops
- Insight mornings into careers in finance
37 teams: 160 students…..who all took part in;
- Entrepreneur Day
- Competition and Awards Ceremony
- The winning team competed in Brussels against 38 JA European Countries
- Launched Junior Achievement IOM Alumni and has held their first event
- Opened brand new Junior Achievement Enterprise Hub especially designed for Company Programme students and Alumni’s use
- 5 Car Boot sales
- Next Big Thing Talent Contest
- Overtones Concert
- Collabro Concert
- Monster Dash
PDMS will continue to support Junior Achievement over the coming years and is deeply invested in supporting the development of the future work force and ensuring they are well equipped.
Next year, April 2018 the JA team are taking on the Great Wall of China - with PDMS' Marketing Executive Hannah Wild joining the trek and fundraising challenge, keep an eye out for updates!