The role of a Developer at PDMS:
The role of a Developer is to develop and support web-based business and customer-facing systems which are predominantly built on the Microsoft .NET platform.
Working with a team of developers under the guidance of a developer manager, you will be involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle.
What you'd be doing:
- Assisting in overall system design
- Unit testing of development, changes and fixes
- Ensuring the quality of code delivered for internal testing adheres to coding standards and best practice recommendations
- Enhance, and support existing systems, some of which may be built on “legacy” platforms
- Providing support and advice to clients
- Reviewing specifications and producing estimates for new developments and changes to existing systems
- Releasing applications to test and live environments
Are you the right person for this role?
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Developer
- Exposure to object orientated design and programming techniques
- Experience of working within a project team
- .NET Development primarily in C#
- Other skills to include some of the following:
- Microsoft MVC & Entity Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server
- HTML / CSS
- Unit, NUnit (or other unit testing framework)
- XML / XSLT
The closing date for this position is 29 January 2021.
Once the role has closed, we will be in touch with you to advise of the next steps. Depending on your location we'll either invite successful applicants for a face to face or virtual interview.
If you would like more information about the role, please email [email protected]
What's in it for you?
Flexible & Remote Working
We believe in a positive work life balance and supporting working families. We consider all requests for flexible and remote working.
Employer Supported Volunteering
Every full time member of staff has the opportunity to request up to two days a year to volunteer for meaningful causes.
Staff-Run Social Club
From regular social events, to nights out for food and drinks, to trips away, we are proud of our social scene which is organised by our social committee.
Home Internet Subsidy
We contribute towards your home broadband costs.
After one year of service, PDMS will start to contribute towards your pension.
Training & Development
An educated and well trained workforce is something we are proud of. We consider all training and development requests throughout the business.
Buy & Sell Holiday Scheme
PDMS staff have the ability to purchase or sell up to five days of holiday each year.
Free onsite car parking for PDMS employees
Articles about working for PDMS written by our team
Georgia Vernon, who joined us whilst still studying for her A Levels, explains how she found the career she loves at PDMS. We are very keen to support the development of our home grown, local talent and offer work placements, internships and apprenticeships to those studying both locally and at Universities in the UK.
Working from home with three children in primary school has been challenging for Senior Analyst Kathryn Druggan.