Make an impact as a Developer
About the role
Working closely with our teams of Project Managers, Analysts and Solution Architects in Scotland and our HQ in the Isle of Man, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing and testing software systems for our global clients.
The successful candidate will contribute to a range of our projects across our diverse client base, with an initial focus on developing and enhancing our Transport and Ticketing software, building robust, scalable solutions which work both on land and at sea.
What would you be working on?
- Understanding customer needs and liaising with analysts, testers and other skilled developers to create robust, efficient and elegant software to meet those requirements
- Continuous user support and bug fixes
- Collaborating with colleagues to write and review code
- Showcasing continuous development and research on modern web technologies
- Assisting with system design and technical analysis for new tasks and projects
- Mentoring less experienced members of staff
- 3-5 years’ experience of working as a developer
- .Net Core
- Entity Framework
- Database experience e.g. Oracle/Microsoft
- Web development
- Unit testing frameworks
- Great interpersonal skills and a desire to work efficiently as part of a team
- The ability to diagnose and fix applications quickly and effectively
It would be beneficial if you also had these skills
- Experience of working with source control software
- Relevant industry experience
- Prior understanding of travel industry
PDMS is a software engineering company with offices in Glasgow and the Isle of Man, and has successfully delivered award-winning software solutions for over 25 years. To support our continued expansion we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team. We are a growing and dynamic company - our work is varied and often challenging but our working environment is informal and supportive. PDMS is an equal opportunities employer.
We work with a variety of customers in a wide range of domains including: transport & ticketing, community & collaboration, registry & regulatory and government agencies. We work in partnership with our customers and our teams work collaboratively to develop innovative solutions that boost productivity and our customers' profits.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
The closing date for the vacancy is 11 October 2019